Black Bean, Spinach & Avocado Spicy Scramble w Toast #video #healthy #recipe
I don’t know if it’s the most important meal of the day… but I’m a big fan of breakfast.
Many of you have enjoyed learning about my new juicer (yes, I am still SO in love with it!) and have asked me to share other healthy recipes. So, let’s take it from the top. Above is a step-by-step video of the breakfast I make most often. I present to you… The Spicy Scramble.
And yes, the scramble is favored over the omelette by 100% of the writers of this post.
“Flavor is dispersed better in a scramble!” we bellow.
In any case, here is the basic recipe as described in the video. but as I say… get creative.
The Spicy Scramble
INGREDIENTS (organic when possible):
- 1 tsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 TBS. organic black beans
- 1 C organic baby spinach
- 1/2 diced organic avocado
- 2 TBS organic spicy salsa
- 2 organic free range eggs
- optional: ghee, ancient grains bread and fruit spread
- Put your coconut oil in a skillet in medium heat and let it melt.
- Add the beans, plenty of spinach and a heaping scoop of salsa.
- Cover for a few minutes.
- Put in toast.
- Slice avocado.
- When spinach is mostly wilted crack eggs on top and crack yolks (I used 2)
- Add avocado while you mix gently and fold slowly until eggs are cooked.
- Plate Spicy Scramble alongside toast with ghee and organic fruit spread. Enjoy!
Voila! You have a filling and nutritious meal with all your taste buds satisfied. Now go take on the day!
Want more yum? Find my other recipes HERE.
--> Posts may contain affiliate links for products or services that Jen has approved and researched herself. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same (or at a discount if a special code is offered) and Jen will automatically receive a small referral fee. Your support is crucial because it helps fund this blog. Thank you.