Hi Everyone! I’m Jen Knoedl and here are my picks for what’s happening this week in Social Media… Continue reading “Video News: This Week In Social Media 10/8/15”
After an unintentional hiatus from blogging, the #DefundPlannedParenthood conversation has spurred me to action. Continue reading “#DefundPlannedParenthood – How To Contact Your Senator”
Chicks dig us.
Samson and me. Well, I guess technically that remains to be seen. But we dig them for sure. And we feel confident the feelings will be reciprocated in time. After all, what’s not to love? Continue reading “Buying Baby Chicks for the First Time at Callahan’s in Austin #video”
Diets come and go. I try to stay educated on the latest research, aaaand also use some common sense. I am not trying to be that person that get all “jung ho” only to have to retract. Continue reading “Plant an Organic Herb Garden and Keep Free From GMOs #video”
Everyone knows a female who needs to be reminded of her beauty. Her real beauty. The beauty that is inherent in being a child of God and precious in His sight. Continue reading “Crazy Beautiful: Women’s Day Retreat with Gateway Church on April 11 #christian”
I was born in Austin.
When SXSW started I simply found it aggravating to have so many tourists in town… blocking up I-35. And living in the “Live Music Capital of the World“- we had/have access to talented musicians all the time. So why fight the crowd?
After returning to Austin recently, I decided to see what all the hub-bub of SXSW was all about. My friend suggested that I volunteer to earn access to the $1200 Interactive badge I desired. Here’s my post about volunteering at SXSW.
If I am in Austin next year, I will do some things differently. And there were some genius ideas that I will keep (bring snacks). If you are a native Austinite or will be living like one during SXSW, here are a few tips for how to get the most bang for your buck.
- Bring snacks – don’t be lazy. You won’t want to pack them in the morning but then you will be hungry later and wish you had. I found it difficult to find quick and healthy snacks. Here are some of my favorite travel snacks.
- Park east of I-35 for free, but be wary of random parking rules. I got a ticket for parking within 20 feet of a crosswalk. 20 feet? Who knew that was a rule? Thanks, Austin. #notcool
- Don’t buy a SXSW badge. Unless someone buys it for you, of course. I just don’t think you will get your money’s worth. The lines were so long it was amusement-park-esque. The lines were so long, we never got in to many SXSW Interactive parties and sessions. Not cool when the ticket price is so high.
- Consider volunteering. If you volunteer for a minimum of 60 hours you can get a badge to one of the three elements comprising #SXSW. I volunteered this year. Once was enough.
- Make #SXSW friends online and in real life. Before, after and during are all good times to connect with the interesting cast SXSW attracts.
Overall, I’m glad I did it. I enjoyed the experience and met some truly interesting and extra-ordinary people. I rarely regret new adventures and now I can scratch this off “the list”. I’ll probably make an appearance again next year… after re-reading this post.
Did I miss anything? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
–> Posts may contain affiliate links for products or services that Jen has approved and researched herself. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same (or at a discount if a special code is offered) and Jen will automatically receive a small referral fee. Your support is crucial because it helps fund this blog. Thank you.
I don’t know if it’s the most important meal of the day… but I’m a big fan of breakfast. Continue reading “Black Bean, Spinach & Avocado Spicy Scramble w Toast #video #healthy #recipe”
The past year has meant a lot of growing for me. As I grow closer to Him, I find that He really is changing me. Continue reading “#MusicMonday 10 Reasons You Should Listen To Christian Music”
Now it’s just out of control. I have been about 80% complete on producing my video testimonial e-book for at least a month now. Not to mention all the dirt kickin’ I did months before that. Continue reading “7 Ways To Accomplish Your Goal In 7 Days (or less!)”