The Purpose Drive Life: Week 4 #BookClub #God #Life
- You have to care enough to speak the truth even if it will be unpopular.
- Some people are EGR: Extra Grace Required people
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself; its thinking of yourself less.
- You have to spend A LOT of time with someone to build deep relationships.
- The benefits of sharing life together outweigh the costs and prepare us for heaven.
- God has given us the ministry of restoring relationships.
- You must learn to be a peacemaker. Everyone loves peace.
- Conflict: a different times we need to avoid, create or resolve it.
- Instead of looking to God, we look to others and get angry when they fail us.
- We all act beastly when hurt.
- Peace always has a price tag, sometimes it costs our pride; it often costs our self-centeredness.
- Reconciliation focuses on the relationship and resolution focuses on the problem.
- Romans 12:18
- Our Heavenly Father enjoys watching His children get along.
- Nothing on earth is more valuable to God than His church.
- Other Christians will disappoint you but that is no reason to discontinue fellowship.
- When I judge other believers… I lose fellowship with God, I expose my own pride and insecurity, I set myself up to be judged by God and I harm the fellowship of the church.
- A critical spirit is a costly vice.
- God puts us in a church family to learn unselfishness.
- We were created to become like Christ.
- God doesn’t want us to become God, He wants us to become godly.
- God’s ultimate goal is not comfort for us but character development.
- Life is supposed to be difficult. Earth is not Heaven.
- Our time on earth is to build and strengthen our character for heaven.
- Christilikeness is not produced by imitation but by inhabitation.
- How character develops: 1- We chose to let go of old ways of acting. 2. Change the way we think. 3. Put on the character of God with Godly habits.
- We will take our character into eternity but not our career.
- You must make a counter-culture decision to focus on becoming more like Jesus.
- Spiritual growth is not automatic. It takes an intentional commitment.
- Every choice has eternal consequences. Choose wisely.
- When people are casual about their spiritual growth, it shows they don’t understand the eternal implications.
- The Bible says selfish thinking is the source of sinful behavior.
- Our deeds must be consistent with our creeds, and our beliefs must be backed up with Christlike behavior
- Christianity is a relationship and a lifestyle.
- Spiritual growth is the process of replacing lies with truth.
- Without God’s Word, you would not even be alive.
- Many troubles occur because we base our choices on: culture, tradition, reason and emotion.
- Decide that regardless of culture, tradition, reason or emotion, you chose the Bible as your final authority.
- You can’t watch the tv for 3 hours and read your Bible for 3 minutes and expect to grow.
- You haven’t really studies the Bible unless you have written your thoughts down.
- There are enormous benefits of memorizing Bible verses.
- No other habit can do more to transform your life and make you more like Jesus than daily reflection on scripture.
- We must become doers of The Word.
- We avoid personal application is that it can be difficult or even painful. The truth will set you free, but first, it may make you miserable.
- God uses our problems to draw us closer.
- When we are in pain, we don’t have the energy for superficial prayers.
- You never know that God is all you need, when God is all you got.
- Everything that happens to you have spiritual significance.
- When you’ve been refined by trials, people can see Jesus’ reflection in you.
- Stay focused on God’s plan , not your pain or problem.
- As we slowly build character we should pray less “comfort me” prayers and more “conform me” prayers.
- Romans 8:28
–> Posts may contain affiliate links for products or services that Jen has approved and researched herself. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same (or at a discount if a special code is offered) and Jen will automatically receive a small referral fee. Your support is crucial because it helps fund this blog. Thank you.